Friday, May 13, 2011

iCBT review

Over a month ago, I announced that I would be reviewing iCBT. I have been using it for some time now, and I must admit that I am pretty impressed with it. From a clinical standpoint, the application is appropriate for individuals suffering from anxiety, depression and a host of other problems where cognitive distortions are at the core of the person’s difficulties. The iPhone application is very user friendly and I suspect the iPad version is even easier to navigate.

When you click on the app, you are automatically brought to the iCBT events page. This is where you can help your client put his or her thoughts into words. An example is provided. It reads, “I said something negative about my Boss to a coworker, now I’m sure I’ll get fired”. Once you click on the event, a new page appears. The client is then able to label and rate the intensity of his or her feelings and write down negative thoughts. The rationalize button will bring up all the negative thoughts associated with the original event. Clicking on these will bring you to a final page, where the client will be prompted to go through a list of distortions such as, “A mental filter, Blind to the positive, Negative labeling etc.”. A definition of each distortion is provided by pressing, “description”.


To download iCBT for iphone [click here]

To download iCBT for iPad [click here]
To go to the Product Personas webpage [click here]

No comments:

Post a Comment